- Thank you to all of the wonderful people who have spoken up, in, and out with the state of our country today.
- I am still working on my V Neck Boxy by Joji Locatelli out of Miss Babs "Believable" on the Kilimanjaro base. I am currently working on my own alterations and overcoming some pooling issues.
- I knit two pussyhats out of Cascade 220 for the march, even though I wasn't able to attend myself.
- I knit another Hamilknit hat for a friend out of Cascade Heritage sock yarn in a cobalt blue and white.
- I finished my first spinning since Rhinebeck: some Into the Whirled Polwarth in "Greener on the Other Side." I did a traditional 3-ply and then chain plied the leftovers.
- I sat down with my daughter to make her Phoebe doll out of a kit from Slate Falls Press from the book Phoebe's birthday.
- The winner of the Pistachio Ice Cream Shawl by Brenda Castiel (goodstuff on Ravelry) is Turbogal (Lisa). Congratulations! And thank you to Brenda for donating the pattern!
- This week's giveaway is a copy of the e-book, Sherlock Knits by Joanna Johnson. To enter, please leave a comment on the Ravelry thread for Episode 60!
- Stay tuned for next episode, I will be giving away a copy of the latest collection by Susie White and Kino Knits, Point Counter Point Volume 2.
- I received my books from Mixbook.com, both my Project Life album for 2016 and our wedding album. They turned out beautiful!!
- I am continuing to keep up with Project Life by setting my alarm every Sunday to catch up for the week. I am mostly using the Project 52 Fresh kit as the backbone for this year, with many other kits sprinkled in there. I am using the Project Life app on my Android phone, though I could see it being beneficial to use a tablet instead.
I've set an alarm on my phone every Sunday to do a Project Life layout or two to keep up for the year. It makes me so happy that I have kept up every week this month already! When they are all done I'll upload them to Mixbook and have all of our photos documented for the whole year. #mixbooks @mixbook @beckyhigginsllc #projectlife #project52fresh
A photo posted by Emily (@butterflyem4) on Jan 29, 2017 at 10:10am PST
- I have had to limit myself on social media because of the level of intensity among people on both sides of the spectrum. What have you done to still stay active in your community and country, while still saying mentally healthy?
- I have started to learn about hygge from the They Say Podcast. I have decided I need to create a space for myself to feel safe, and welcome others into this space.
- I am continuing my journey in Weight Watchers, but I am looking for some family friendly recipes. Do you have any suggestions?
Thank you for joining me today! We'll recap February soon!