In this episode I talk knitting, favorite "new to me" podcasts, keeping toddlers busy, and posing tips in photography.
- Anne's Sweater from Green Gables Knits by Joanna Johnson, knit in Brown Sheep Company Lanaloft Sport
- Mermaid Song Shawl by Susanna IC in the Unofficial Harry Potter Knits, knit in Knitpicks Shadow Tonal in Summer Blossom
- 20% Cooler Socks, Jeck pattern by Regina Satta in Rainbow Dash Yarn from Cuppy Cake Yarnz
- Rainbow Ripples Baby Blanket in I Love This Yarn
I Dream of Knitting
- This episode I play along with the Prairie Girls Knit and Spin podcast and think about what I would do if I won the lottery.
Podcasts I have been listening to:
Countdown to 30?
The countdown to 30 is over, but I had a great birthday!
- I treated myself at the Loopy Ewe and purchased some Blue Skies Over Colorado sock yarn and Prism Yarns for a lace shawl.
- I used a Busy Bag to keep my kiddos happy during a trip to the DMV.
Photographing Your Knits:
I recently watched a course on Creative Live by Lindsay Adler called Posing 101. Here are a couple of takeaways I wanted to share with you:
- Objects closer to the camera are larger than objects farther from the camera. Example: hips closer to the camera are going to appear larger than hips farther from the camera.
- When appendages point toward or away from the camera, a phenomenon called foreshortening occurs. This makes your limbs look shorter and thicker, and less flattering.